Saturday, July 01, 2006

The Federer-Cream-Jacket mystery

Every Federer fan who has been following Wimbledon closely would have noticed that the greatest-one dons a cream-jacket at the end of every match. It is a formal jacket. Worn over the tennis attire. For the disbelievers here is proof:


It is natural to speculate if the debonair Swiss, like many of his women colleagues, is testing an alternate career in fashion ? As a true fan I decided perhaps the lines between genius and madness are indeed blurry. I could forgive a sartorial disaster now and then. But I must confess my days were often shadowed by his sudden display of avoidable fashion. However, today a one of my favorite columnists, Martin Johnson, put me out of my misery by explaining the mystery of the cream jacket -

"...in return for a few extra quid from Nike, he is now obliged to walk on to court wearing a cream jacket"

Nike. You have just done it. Err..fire your fashion consultant. And where is your logo on the jacket. Isn't that the point ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home