Sunday, April 24, 2005

Chandramukhi

Aah! What happens when someone who is not a Rajini fan watches this movie ? She is mighty impressed. Not with the colorful kite flying or the slapdash matrix effects but with the fact that perhaps the movie was bigger than the Superstar for a change.
No one liners that you will be subjected to till the next Rajini release (atleast if you are in Chennai) and no cute double-entendre political dialogues, although I must comment that a couple of them were pretty salacious.
I cannot quite remember the story of BABA (tho I love the ring of B 2 the A to the B 2 the A) but I think it had some supernatural component which did not quite appeal to my well-trained rational mind. Chandramukhi was sensible with huge doses of psychiatric talk appealing to self proclaimed scientific minds. To cater to the faithful, Rajini retains the special pujari in the end (although logically that does not serve any purpose, except for giving Jyothika a chance to roll those XL sized eyes)

Good entertainer, especially if you are starved of Tamil movies like I am.

3 Comments:

Blogger ammani said...

Lucky you. Looks like I'm in for a long wait :(
Thank you for coming by and leaving your comments.

April 24, 2005 1:28 PM  
Blogger Me said...

hey subbu came thru ur comment ins ammani's

Jyothika a chance to roll those XL sized eyes - LOL

April 24, 2005 1:48 PM  
Blogger Subbu said...

ammani.. I watched it on www.tamilwarez.com
Free registration too :)

April 24, 2005 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home