Wednesday, April 06, 2005

You are not a lunatic just coz u talk to yourself

I am sorry but some people cannot help talking to themselves. Am sure many of you out there have done it, unknowingly. One cannot master 'monologues with the self' and hope to qualify for the insanity label. Of course there are people who are unaware of all these stipulations and hence, intelligent species like me get stereotyped.

In all honesty, I don't consciously start a conversation with myself. It is a cold day, with the snow falling all around. I see this girl wearing flip-flops and start muttering to myself about how some feet are cold-proof. And soon branch off into other topics like " Should I take the short cut across the slushy ground or walk around. If I did walk in the slushy snow, I could slip and that would be embarassing. However I would feel like Neil Armstrong if I did walk through it. But I don't think there was ever a moon landing. Hey given the rapid progress we should have landed in Mars by now. Perhaps the landing on moon was a hoax after all."

At this point, I notice some people staring at me and start castigating myself "Stop stop talking. You are scary. No, don't talk. Idiot. Can't you shut up. "

See, we are sane. We just don't think the majority would appreciate being hounded with thoughts like this. Hence the monlogue and this blog.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home