Monday, October 11, 2004

Labyrinth Walk

The advantage of writing a blog that no one reads, is that you can get quite personal. But I do know that there are atleast 2 people out there who might read this and so, I need to be careful in penning my thoughts! I might just get an anonymous nick and start another blog. Isn't it quite a wonder that you dont mind strangers reading all about you, but fear friends and family reading your most personal thoughts!?
Recently I went on a Labyrinth walk. Had never heard of it until I chanced upon it suddenly in school. I believe that a labyrinth walk allows you to achieve inner peace and there are many different explainations for this. You basically walk in a maze like structure the only difference being that one will not get lost in the labyrinth. It is a two dimensional drawing on the floor. There are circular resting places along the way to the central circle which is the core of the labyrinth. A soft music plays in the background and one needs to walk with a meditative mind and inner calm. There is only one way in and out. Some of the first Labyrinth walks for many were recorded to be life changing experiences. People have been brought to tears and have undergone very emotional experiences.
But I did not go through any of them. The reason could be that I just went for the walk without much information and hence did not understand the possible potential of this walk ? Whatever be the reason, I learnt something new and hope to, everyday

-Subbu




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home